Cultural Sensitivity Training & Workplace Diversity
The University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills team has developed cultural sensitivity training that is research based and delivered in a manner that celebrates and honors workplace diversity. Our training expertise also extends into the leadership and human development fields. We embrace team facilitation and utilize the expertise, knowledge and lived wisdom of our Elders, inviting participants on an experiential learning journey.
- Indigenous World View
- Ceremony, Protocol, Indigenous Knowledge
- Building Healthy Relations
- Treaties & Jurisdiction
- Contemporary Contexts
- Community Partnerships – strategies,
Includes Elders and faculty with lived experience in ceremony, community, industry, and academia. Many of our faculty and facilitation team have earned Master and Doctorate degrees in diverse fields including leadership, governance and education.
Some of Our Clients:
- MaMowe Child & Family Services, Edmonton
- Assumption School-Lakeland Catholic School District, Cold Lake
- Persons With Developmental Disabilities North East Alberta
- University of Alberta Faculty of Education
- Athabasca University
- Northern Lights School District/Cold Lake First Nations
- URS Flint
- “The seminar was a rich learning experience for all of us who were involved It provided a window for enhanced understanding of Aboriginal culture and heritage along with a better appreciation for how we can grow and collaborate together.
- Feedback from everyone involved was that it was highly valued and meaningful experience both personally and professionally. I highly recommend this kind of learning opportunity for everyone.” Dr. Alex Hillyard, Chief Executive Officer, North East Alberta Community Board, Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- We will use this experience to help us provide guidance in how to better support Aboriginal people in the workplace and as a partner in business. We came away better informed,… Time is a precious commodity in business. By the end of the four days, everyone… had a much greater appreciation for why the choice was made to invest the time in this type of relational training. Each participant was provided with transferable knowledge and awareness that cannot be accomplished in one day informational seminar formats.
- We would highly recommend this Cultural Sensitivity training from University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills to other Business leaders and managers. The skill and commitment of the educators was impressive and we commend you on your teaching practices. Gerald P Catonio, VP North East Region, URS Flint.